[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 01:25:13 PDT 2009

2009/7/8 Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>:
> and what do we do with individuals who take stands (under the FOSSCOMM banner)
> which some or most of us do not agree with?

Ideally FOSSCOMM should have a common stand on issues that it takes
up, for eg: open standards, but in case we can't reach such a
consensus, those who agree can come together with a position. So
instead of FOSSCOMM, we can say so and so member
organisations/affiliates of FOSSCOMM has come together with this
statement/policy. Some times we may have to have more than one
position if everyone cannot agree on a common position.

In this case I suggest we come up with a FOSSCOMM position and a list
of affiliate organizations that support such a view. If we can't come
up on a single position, then I don't see any value in having a formal
represenation.

It is not like withou FOSSCOMM name the world will drop dead tomorrow.
If all members cannot agree, lets go as individual organizations.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)