[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Wed Jul 8 01:24:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:21:29 +0530
Guru गुरु <guru at itforchange.net> wrote:
[...]
> I suggest we go with option 2 since I feel that the proposal -
> that Jaijit and Venky (and any other member desiring to
> participate) represent FOSSCOMM position in the Apex Committee
> should not in any way prejudice whatever form FOSSCOMM will take.
[...]

OK, fine. Taking into account the urgency and importance of the
matter, the fact that there seems to be a consensus on the issue,
and taking Praveen's point, I withdraw any objection to having
Jaijit, Venky, or another appropriate person represent FOSSCOMM
specifically on this issue.

However, at the same time we must move towards an agreed-upon
structure for FOSSCOMM. My preference at the moment would be
for an informal body without a legal existence, which exists
largely through this list and a website.

Regards,
Gora