[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Jul 8 01:03:43 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 10:42:44 Sunil Abraham wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 09:24 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> > > I agree with Raj. FOSSCOMM should make clear representation on this
> > > issue.
> >
> > ahem - what happened to the CMP?
>
> For me the Indian/global FOSS movement was more Al Qaeda than Indian
> political coalition.

huh? a very strange analogy. Al Qaeda is a tightly structured organisation
with a clear heirarchy and a supreme leader. They have a unified ideology and
clear goals. The foss movement has none of these things. It has a wide
spectrum of individuals and organisations with wildly differing goals, modes of
operation, motivations, (even definitions). The one thing nearly all of these
individuals/organisations have in common is the refusal to be organised. At
the most they come together at times for some common cause - but this rarely
takes an organised form.

> It might be easier for us to act first as
> individuals (under the FOSSCOMM banner) and claim/disclaim collective
> responsibility later on our public wiki.

and what do we do with individuals who take stands (under the FOSSCOMM banner)
which some or most of us do not agree with?

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate
NRC-FOSS
http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/