[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:56:48 PDT 2009

2009/7/8 Gora Mohanty <gora at srijan.in>:
> Nevertheless, I do not see how they can represent a body whose
> structure we have not agreed upon. There were differences in
> opinion on how this body was to work, and at least I feel that
> insisting on being able to present oneself as a formal
> representative of FOSSCOMM would be counter-productive at this
> juncture.

Can we present these people as representing FOSSCOMM only for this
issue?  As mentioned in the summary point 3 (
http://lists.fosscom.in/pipermail/network-fosscom.in/2009-July/000348.html
) would apply here, I think.

> What is wrong with Jaijit, Venky, etc., saying that they represent
> an informal coalition of ABC, XYZ, FOSS organisations? One can
> even mention that we are trying to formalise FOSSCOMM.

+1 for first part, if we have an agreed policy and any change is
finalised in this forum.

I thought it was agreed not to have a formal structure. Again point 1
comes here http://lists.fosscom.in/pipermail/network-fosscom.in/2009-July/000348.html

"The group should act as a resource group/ base to help different
member/ represented organizations and individuals do the various
activities they do in FOSS area more effectively."

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)