[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Gora Mohanty gora at srijan.in
Tue Jul 7 22:35:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:42:44 +0530
Sunil Abraham <sunil at cis-india.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 09:24 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> > > I agree with Raj. FOSSCOMM should make clear representation
> > > on this issue.
> >
> > ahem - what happened to the CMP?
>
> For me the Indian/global FOSS movement was more Al Qaeda than
> Indian political coalition. It might be easier for us to act
> first as individuals (under the FOSSCOMM banner) and
> claim/disclaim collective responsibility later on our public
> wiki.
[...]

Yes, but my understanding was that constituting FOSSCOMM was
an attempt to move out of the caves in order to occupy the
cities.

I sympathise with the urgency of people grappling with immediate
issues that are of importance, but we do need to move carefully
in setting up FOSSCOMM, and deciding on the form of the
organisation, and what activities it will undertake. In the
meantime, we can continue to function as an informal coalition of
like-minded organisations.

Regards,
Gora