[fosscomm] Help required to form FOSSCOM as an alternate Industry and Civil Society body to NASSCOM

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Jul 7 18:08:49 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 Jul 2009, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 01:11:44 +0530 (IST)
> "Jaijit Bhattacharya" <jaijit at dms.iitd.ac.in> wrote:
> > Also, it would be extremely helpful if those in Delhi could
> > volunteer to lobby for FOSSCOM to be included in the Apex
> > Committee.
>
> It might be useful if we actually constituted FOSSCOMM first.
> Several things were supposed to be circulated at the end of
> the Delhi meeting, and as far as I recall there was not a
> consensus on the form that the organisation should take.
>
> Notwithstanding the above, what does lobbying involve? From
> ILUG-D discussions what came out clearly was that we want to
> be involved in:
> (a) implementation, especially in education and teacher training.
> (b) policy formulation.
> Sorry, but there was lot less of an enthusiasm for actual
> hobnobbing with government officials. However, if you can fill us
> in on what is needed we can do our best to help out.

Alternatively, if someone (or more than one) in Delhi volunteers to
represent FOSSCOMM I believe we have enough consensus on the policy and
required changes to arm that person/organisation with the FOSSCOMM tag.

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/