[fosscom] 4th July meeting

Venkatesh Hariharan venkyh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:09:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:12 PM, prabir<prabirp at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>
> If we want the software tools and platforms to be Free and Open, DRM,
> patents and other froms of restriction have to be addressed -- if not today,
> then tomorrow. Even if we do not bring it in to the CMP right now -- if some
> people are not convinced -- I do not think it should be kept  out of all our
> discussions. CMP should not set the limit of discussions but only of united
> action.

Thanks Prabir for articulating this. I feel it is more important to
focus on what we in the FOSS community need to do. There are many
issues that we feel passionate about and if we dilute that to broaden
the coalition, there may be nothing left that keeps us together. The
core will not hold.

I hope that this meeting will help us in the FOSS community
collaborate with each other to build a stronger community in India.

Venky