[fosscom] Mailing list volumes / SNR

vid vid at svaksha.com
Wed Jul 1 23:46:01 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 08:25, Venkat Mangudi<venkatmangudi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have noticed that when I reply to mails in this list, it goes to the
> sender and not the list.

Its the MM settings (see below). if you are using the web interface
for gmail, click on "reply-all"

> Has the setup of reply-to address on the server
> been done such that replies go to the list?

MM has all three options : Poster ,	This list , 	Explicit address and
this list seems to be set to 'poster'. Anivar may be able to clarify
this as he is this list's admin.

There are differing opinions on reply to list :
http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.html

FWIW not everyone on a list uses a client to read their mails and
accidentally click on 'reply' which annoys some members at being
contacted off-list with private messages and to avoid them hitting
newbies on the head with the #clueless bat, I take the middle-path of
"reply-to-list" which has worked out well thusfar.

Some dont like being CC'd list replies and for MM lists one can
disable the CC option for their subscription.

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||