[fosscom] Mailing list volumes / SNR

Kingsly John kingsly at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 1 04:47:42 PDT 2009

[I sent this in the morning and it still hasn't made it to the list.. sending
again. -KJ]

There has been a surge in the number of mails on this list.

40 mails until the 25th of last month and over 90 mails in the past week.

The bulk of the mails seem to be about the NUID (I've not read them all) but
some seem to be discussing other things(including fosscom exclusively) under
the same subject.

Please ensure that the subject of the email describes what's being discussed.
Since we have people here with varied interests not everyone will be
interested in everything that is discussed here. And try and keep the
discussion related to the charter of the list (getting the CMP in place would
really help)

Also considering the wide range of people here, while some of us are used to
reading hundreds of mails a day, others might not be used to such volumes.
It might be useful if someone has the time to summarise the various threads
on the wiki (or atleast those that conform to the CMP)

Kingsly

     Kingsly At Users Dot SourceForge Dot Net  -- http://kingsly.org/